Acceptable Use Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy specifies the actions prohibited by and applies to all persons and entities (collectively, “customers”) using products and services of ThunderForce Communications, Inc.and its affiliates, (“ThunderForce”) including Internet broadband service. The policy is designed to protect the security, integrity, reliability, and privacy of and for both / all services and the products and services we offer to our customers. ThunderForce reserves the right to modify and append this policy at any time, effective immediately upon posting of the modification to this web page. Your use of ThunderForce’s products and services constitutes your acceptance of the Acceptable Use Policy in effect at the time of use. You and or organization, company, identity are solely responsible for any and all acts and omissions that occur during or relating to your use of our products and or services, and you agree not to engage in any unacceptable use of the services we provide.
Prohibited Uses (“Notice”)
Furnishing – entering false or incorrect data on the order form or contract agreement (electronic or paper) including fraudulent use of credit card numbers or attempting to circumvent or alter the processes or procedures to document “use” of ThunderForce’s products or services.
- Furnishing – entering false or incorrect data on the order form or contract agreement (electronic or paper) including fraudulent use of credit card numbers or attempting to circumvent or alter the processes or procedures to document “use” of ThunderForce’s products or services.
- Bitcoin Miners
- Child Pornography – Hosting, distributing, or linking to any material that exploits children
- Intellectual Property Infringement – Hosting, distributing, or linking to infringing content
- CPU/Memory/Resource Abuse – Consuming excessive amount of server resources causing server performance issues
- DoS Source – Source of Denial of Service attack
- DoS Target – Target of Denial of Service attack
- File Scripts – File Dump/Mirror scripts (similar to rapidshare)
- Forgery – Faking an IP Address, hostname, e-mail address, or header
- Fraud Site – Hosting or linking
- Identity Theft – Hosting, distributing, or linking to stolen account identification information
- Infection – Hosting, distributing, or linking to exploits, trojans, viruses, or worms
- IRC – Hosting Internet Relay Chat Server, including IRC Scripts/Bots
- Peer-to-peer file sharing
- Pharmacy Sites – Hosting sites that engage in the illegal distribution of prescription medications, including, but not limited to, promotion, marketing, or sale of prescription medications without a valid prescription
- Phishing – Committing identity theft by email under false pretense
- Proxy Site – Hosting or linking to an anonymous proxy server
- Push button mail scripts
- Spam Email – Sending Unsolicited Commercial Email (UCE) or Unsolicited Bulk Email (UBE)
- Spam List – Hosting, distributing, or linking to email address lists for spam
- Spam Site – Hosting a site advertised by spam email or spam web
- Spam Ware – Hosting, Distributing, or Linking to Software Designed for Spamming
- Spam Web – Unsolicited, bulk, or forged site advertisement in web logs, forums, guestbooks, or social media
- Terrorist Site – Hosting or linking to a site advocating terrorism
- Toolz – Hosting, distributing, or linking to tools or instructional material on hacking/cracking or other illegal activity
- Warez – Hosting, distributing, or linking to Crackz, Hackz, KeyGenz, Serialz, or Pirated Software
- Any other material ThunderForce judges to be violation of law, threatening or obscene
- Provide your company affiliation (if applicable), mailing address, telephone number, and, if available, email address.
Our Rights and Remedies
ThunderForce has no responsibility for any material or information created, stored, maintained, transmitted or accessible on or through the Services or Infrastructure and is not obligated to monitor or exercise any editorial control over such material. In the event that ThunderForce becomes aware that any such material may violate this AUP and/or expose ThunderForce to civil or criminal liability, ThunderForce reserves the right to investigate such material, information, block access and suspend or terminate any services and or accounts without liability. ThunderForce shall further reserve the right to cooperate, share and provide information with legal authorities and or third parties in investigating any alleged violations of this policy, including disclosing the identity of any User that ThunderForcef believes is responsible for such violation. ThunderForce also reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to implement technical mechanisms or facilities recovery to prevent AUP violations. Nothing in this AUP shall limit in any way ThunderForce’s rights and remedies in regard to law and or in equity that may otherwise be available.
Responsibilities of our Customers
Users and customers are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of there account information along with password information, as well as the security of their network. You agree immediately to notify ThunderForce of any and all unauthorized use of your account or accounts and any other breach of security known to you. If you become aware of any violation of this policy by any person or persons, including other users that have accessed the services through your account, you are required to notify us immediately.
A user may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to, or attempt to interfere with or compromise the normal functioning, operation or security of, any portion of the ThunderForce’s network. Any and all users and or customers may not use the services to engage in any activities that may interfere with the ability of others to access or use our services. Any and all users and or customers may not in any way shall use our service and or systems to monitor any data, information or communications on any network or system without authorization. Any and all users and or customers shall not attempt to gain any unauthorized access to user accounts or passwords of other users and or customers of our services.
All Users and customers of the ThunderForce are responsible for notifying ThunderForce and its affiliates immediately if they become aware of an impending security event that may negatively affect the ThunderForce’s Systems, Network and or Services. This includes extortion threats that involve threat of “denial of service” attacks, unauthorized access, or other security related events that may compromise security.
All Users of ThunderForce’s networks and or services are responsible for configuring their own systems if applicable to provide the maximum possible accountability and security. ThunderForce shall in no way be liable for any damage caused by such system configurations regardless of whether such configurations have been authorized or requested by users and or customers. For example, users and customers of ThunderForce and its affiliates should ensure there are clear paths in news headers so that the originator of a post may be identified. Users and or customers should also configure their mail servers to authenticate (by look-up on the name or similar procedures) any system that connects to perform as a mail exchange server, and should generally present header data as clearly possible. Also users should maintain logs of dynamically assigned IP addresses. Should systems at a User or customers site be compromised or violated, the user is responsible for reporting the violation immediately and then fixing the exploited system. For example should a user or customers site be abused to distribute unlicensed software due to a poorly configured server, the user or customer is responsible for re-configuring the system to stop the abuse and adhere to this agreement and policy.
We reserve the right to issue account restrictions and or issue limits, to prevent violations of this policy.
To Report Complaints or Violations
- Provide your full legal name and your electronic or physical signature to report any and all abuse and or violation of services..Email this Notice, with all information, to ThunderForce’s Designated Legal Department:
ThunderForce Communications, Inc.c/o Legal Dept
PO Box 6295
Watertown, NY 13601